Welcome to The Giving Tree! We are a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization dedicated to the charitable education of children. We invite you to join us as we work together to teach our children the merits of helping worthwhile causes and the positive results of their hard work.
“I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality… I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.” -Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
We founded The Giving Tree because of our belief that children can make a difference in our world.
We see the pain, inequality, and powerlessness suffered by so many because of racism. Now more than ever, helping our children understand how they can improve our world is paramount through kindness, compassion, and involvement.
We will continue to provide opportunities for children to give back and to search for ways to help the underserved and support all searching for justice.
- As the school year wraps up for students, moms and dads are relieved to have survived the quarantine and the dreaded Distance Learning experience. This was a tough time to learn all of their lessons on the computer. This past weekend I watched my […]
- In this issue: A Summer of Service Storytime on YouTube Educational Staff Focus Group Virtual Project Parties keep us ‘together’ and so much more!! Read more! […]
- One of our most anticipated events of the year at The Giving Tree is our Helping Hands day of service. This year it was faithfully planned for Saturday, March 14. Yet, we couldn’t anticipate that would be the beginning of the end of the normal that […]
- What We Do Who We are Teaching What We are Creating and Delivering Who We are Helping[…]
- Jill Horner speaks with Bridget Leary, Founder and President of The Giving Tree, about teaching children kindness and charity.[…]