The Giving Tree is dedicated to teaching and inspiring children about the merits of giving back to those in need in our local community through hands-on service projects and educational curricula.
Since 2009, The Giving Tree has been educating and inspiring youth through our work with public and private schools, scouting groups, youth-centered clubs and organizations, and families in the greater Philadelphia area.
How it works… step by step:
- Collaborate with schools, scouting groups, clubs and families.
- Package project materials, educational curricula and discussion talking points.
- Students assemble projects, create cards of encouragement and discuss service topics.
- Completed projects are returned to The Giving Tree and distributed to those in need.
Highlights Since 2009
- Over 40,000 Youth Participants
- Over 28,000 Service Hours
- 226,379 Lives Touched by youth generosity
- 180 Nonprofit Partners
- 84,487 Sock Rolls for food insecure and homeless individuals
- 42,773 Gifts for underprivileged children
- 25,218 Gifts for the elderly community
- 46,043 Gifts for hunger & dignity assistance
- 24,754 Cards of encouragement