Neighborhood Service Leader Award
Become a Service Leader for your neighborhood by organizing a community service initiative. This opportunity is open to youth, ages 10 – 18.
Ideas of Activities to Organize
- Take-Home Service Kits
- Virtual service project party
- Card Making Campaign
What You Need to Do
- Take orders for service kits/cards
- Pick up materials from The Giving Tree
- Deliver kits/materials to families/friends
- Collect all kits/cards and return to The Giving Tree
Our Giving Tree volunteers will deliver your projects to various benefiting non-profits
Neighborhood Service Leaders Receive
- A special Neighborhood Service Leader Certificate
- A shout out on our various social media feeds
- A mention in our electronic newsletter
Community Impact Award
Our Community Impact award was developed to honor youth (grades 7 - 12) who are making a difference in our
community. There are those that go above and beyond through kindness, compassion, and service to those in need. He
or she makes volunteering and giving back a part of their life and learning.
- Youth grades 7 – 12 may be nominated by a friend, family member, school staff member or may nominate
- Nominations may be submitted in letter format to email@example.com.
- Nominees must show consistent community service activity throughout a portion of the calendar year
- Letters of recommendations are welcome to accompany nomination letters but are not required
- The deadline for submissions is April 15, 2022.
- All nominations will be reviewed and a winner will be chosen by a panel of judges.
Two Winners Chosen
- Grades 7 - 9
- Grades 10 - 12
Winners will be announced in May 2022
- Special Community Impact Certificate
- Shout out on our various social media feeds
- Mention in our electronic newsletter
- Service project benefiting the nonprofit of your choice
- Special gift from The Giving Tree